FLOODS CAN TAKE PLACE ANYWHERE-USE CAUTION!
Heavy rains can lead to flood conditions-use caution!
Throughout the US, floods remain one of the most widespread and common natural disasters that affect us. No matter where you’re located, in the mountains, along the coast, in the city, close to a river or out in the desert, you can still be impacted by a flood. Here are some important safety tips to keep in mind:
- Even 6 inches of quickly moving water can sweep you off your feet so steer clear of floodwaters. If you find yourself in an area where water reaches above your ankles, find another path, walk another way.
- When driving, the same rules apply: If you approach a flooded road, turn around and go another way. Most vehicles can be carried away by less than 2 feet of moving water. If caught by rising waters and the situation warrants it, get out of your car quickly and move to higher ground.
- Protect children from the dangers and disease carried by contaminated floodwaters. What might look like a fun activity to them could prove deadly.
SERVPRO of NE Long Beach / Lakewood has the experience and knowledge to assist you when a flood strikes your home or business. No matter the size, floods have the potential to cause extensive damage to property when not treated quickly and properly and the cleanup can be an overwhelming task. We’re here 24/7 to help. Contact us at 562-420-0030.
WATER EMERGENCIES -DAMAGE BEGINS WITHIN MINUTES
Basement Flood in Long Beach business before extraction
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of NE Long Beach / Lakewood provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of NE Long Beach / Lakewood arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 –562-420-0030
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of NE Long Beach / Lakewood
SERVPRO of NE Long Beach / Lakewood specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
CERTAIN SPECIES OF MOLD SPELLS TROUBLE
Mold growth and water condensation in Long Beach home
It’s estimated that more than 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any home, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, or condensation from ducts that dampen surrounding insulation are just a few examples of issues that make a house a prime target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of NE Long Beach / Lakewood to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at 562-420-0030
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
Contact SERVPRO of NE Long Beach / Lakewood for mold remediation services.