Step 3: Water Removal / Water Extraction
Once inspection and damage assessment are completed, the water extraction process begins to remove the majority of water. The size of the water loss and source of the water damage will determine the equipment we use and the areas that can be restored. For large water loss projects, powerful pumps and truck-mounted vacuum units can quickly remove hundreds or thousands of gallons of water.
We also understand that protecting your belongings becomes a large concern after flooding or a burst pipe. We will do everything we can to salvage and protect as much as possible. Our pack-out service will temporarily store your belongings at our facility while mitigation and reconstruction commence.
Once the majority of water is removed, it's time to remove the remaining moisture from areas still retaining water.
Move-Out / Pack-Out
If your home requires extensive restoration or cleaning, SERVPRO of Northeast Long Beach / Lakewood can conduct an organized, efficient move-out to protect your belongings from further damage.
- Move-Out Service
Emergency Water Removal
Our highly trained technicians will begin the water removal process almost immediately. Depending on the amount of water, we may use powerful submersible pumps in addition to industrial strength, wet/dry vacuums. Removing most of the water helps reduce drying time and helps prevent secondary water damage and mold and bacterial growth.
- Remove Excess Water
- Use Submersible Pumps and Industrial Wet/Dry Vacuums
Inspect the Carpet Pad and Carpet
We inspect the carpet and pad and determine if they should be removed to protect the subfloor.
- Inspect Carpet Pad and Remove If Needed
- Inspect Carpet and Remove If Needed
Water Removal Equipment
- Moisture detectors, hygrometers, and other meters measure the extent of moisture saturation.
- Infrared cameras may be used to find “hidden” water behind walls and ceilings.
- Submersible and gas-powered pumps are used for continuous pumping of high-level water.
- Truck-mounted and portable extraction units perform efficient water removal.